Praesum Communications introduces the Raptor™—the first member of the Smarter Switching™ platform family. The high performance system level development platform enables the rapid development of switching systems utilizing Praesum SwitchKit™ IP. Based on a leading edge Virtex®-7 FPGA, the Raptor supports the customization of switching algorithms and integration of specialized packet processing IP within the SwitchKit framework.
Targeted at leading edge wireline, wireless infrastructure, and mil-aero applications, the Raptor platform can accelerate platform development by allowing wire-speed evaluation of algorithms in a live network.
Key Features Include:
- Virtex®-7 585T FPGA with ample resources for both the SwitchKit switch fabric and customer defined processing and bridging logic.
- 1U rack mount chassis with 175W power supply.
- Optional second power supply for powering FMCs with higher power consumption.
- Dual-core 1 GHz ARM® Cortex™ management processor running Linux.
- Seven FMC Line Card Interfaces, supporting up to twenty one front panel switch ports.
- Available FMC line cards include: Dual CX4 and Dual zQSFP+