Many Industrial Automation applications such as motion control or image processing have very demanding requirements including high availability, precise performance and distributed, multi-node configurations. As such, careful consideration must be given to the overall system architecture and in particular, the system fabric deployed within these applications is a key element in driving overall performance.
For applications ranging from nanometer-accurate motion control to real-time image processing, RapidIO Fabrics deliver key performance metrics such as best in class switch cut through latency of ~100ns, lossless data flow, small footprint and lowest overall power consumption when compared to other fabric technologies.
Some of the key benefits of using RapidIO Fabrics in Industrial Applications include:
- System topology flexibility and scalability
- Lossless fabric with guaranteed forward progress and deterministic data delivery
- Low-latency for real-time applications
- Low footprint enabling high density designs
- Mainstream Linux supported functions:
- Hot-swap capable
- Dynamic configuration
- Real-time diagnostics with fast localization of failures
- System discovery and enumeration
- OpenMPI ready
Click here to learn more about our member companies who are deploying RapidIO Fabrics in Industrial Automation applications.